Planning, Planning and more Planning.

Before every holiday there is one essential process... planning. The key to a great holiday is planning. Of the four members of the family Patrick (me) and my Mum are the only ones who really get into planning holidays. I recently started booking accommodation and flights with mum. It's like starting a really exciting apprenticeship. Though I think I'll be right to take this on in less than three years.

When you're planning, you have to take multiple things into consideration. You need to think about how much you're prepared to pay but also how good the reviews are (if you're looking at accommodation). When you're booking flights you need to take into consideration the departure and arrival times, as well as the stop overs. Once we almost got caught up booking a Melbourne to South Africa flight via Hong Kong.

Similar things can happen when you're booking accommodation. It might say it's in a certain place but that can range from being right in the city centre to being 10 kilometres away from where you want to be. Like when I thought I was booking a 4 night stay in Stirling. It turned out to be 6 km away in Bridge of Allan, these things can happen to new holiday bookers.

Our 2020 year long trip has been in the planning for nearly a year, and counting. Needless to say, after all that work, there's still plenty more to plan and book. 

In my next post I'll give you a run down of the itinerary for the trip, roughly (some of the details are still a bit fuzzy).



1 comment: