London - Jetlag, Babies and a Site-seeing Morning Trip

I do not like long flights, they are boring, tiring and I can never get to sleep on them. Not sleeping on 13 hour flights (the length of our flight), means...Drumroll please... JETLAG! (Hooray!)

When we finally arrived in London, all we had to do was find the car rental place, and then drive to Greenhithe (about 2 hours!πŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒ) Fortunately for me and Em, we fell asleep and the next thing we knew, we were there. The reason for us staying so far away from London, was to see our half-sister Sophie and her new baby girl! Her name was Isobel. (She was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!)

After a couple of days of jetlag, we went with Sophie, Ben, her partner and Isobel to Canterbury. On our walk through the town, we saw lots of old buildings, some more than 200 years old. Then we had lunch in a park. I got to push Isobel on the swing! On our walk back to the car, Sophie bought some fudge, which she kindly let us eat.



The next day, we got up early (as you do when you have jetlag), got in the car and drove into London, for a site-seeing trip. There was literally no tourists there (apart from us). Check out these shots from Buckingham Palace and Trafalgar Square!





Emily and I wanted to see where Mum and Dad met, so we went to see if it was still there. The building was still intact, and it was still a cafe but it wasn't the same cafe.
Now, I want to know why no-one told me that there is no tower at the 'Tower of London' 
I have EXTREME disapointment😞😠. Mum was like
"There's the Tower of London" and I'm like
"Where, where?"
"There"
"I don't see any tower", and finally Mum tells me
"There is no tower at the Tower of London"
This is me, πŸ€”πŸ˜•πŸ€”πŸ˜•πŸ€”πŸ˜•.

Seeing all the landmarks in London minus the tourists, was very cool.
Image result for tower of london



The turrets don't count as towers.






It was hard to say good-bye to pure cuteness (Isobel) and her parents, but we'll get to see them again later in the trip. For now, we're off to a brand new country... Portugal!


No comments:

Post a Comment